Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Y

The question that keeps coming to mind as I decide what next to write about in this Horror House blog is why? Why should I write about any more of my experiences? Why should I give any more advice? Why should I speak of Horror House as any kind of success when in reality it has accomplished nothing so far?

This isn't to say I am not proud of the movie, because I certainly am. And I'm not implying that seeing a movie through its inception all the way to its completion is not a success, because it is a HUGE success. I just can't help but feel pretentious giving advice about the movie making process when I have no proof I did it right.

Were I to keep giving advice and insight I would become too much of a hypocrite. I am the first to criticize screenwriting teachers who have never sold or optioned a script, so for me to make claims that I know what I'm doing without having proof I did it successfully would put me into the very same category as said teachers.

So as of the middle of October I am going to take a little hiatus from the Horror House blog. I still have much to say, but I want the credentials before I say it. I'm sure I'll still chime in once in a while, but I may not hit the blog hard again until early 2008.

In the meantime, please feel free to contact me at hhshoot@yahoo.com.

God bless.

~ Justen

No comments: